Here's a detailed breakdown of the best Ahrefs alternatives and competitor tools worth checking out to manage and improve your SEO efforts in 2023.
Ahrefs is an excellent SEO toolkit for Google-focused competitor research. However, the SEO tool might not include the features or price point you're looking for.
While Ahrefs is strong in the areas of keyword research, backlink monitoring, and competitive analysis on the Google SERPs, you might find that:
- Ahrefs starting price of $99/mo is a bit high for small projects and budgets.
- Rank tracking with the daily updates add-on is an additional monthly cost.
- Ahrefs doesn't include on-page SEO features for optimizing content.
- The SEO tool doesn't include a report builder tool.
- There are no white-label reporting options available.
If you're looking for a more affordable tool with similar features to Ahrefs or require custom reporting options, there are some solid Ahrefs alternatives worth checking out.
BoostPlanner is reader-supported. If you buy through a link on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Top Ahrefs Alternatives Overview
Here's an overview of the top Ahrefs alternatives (described in detail below):
- SE Ranking – Low-cost all-in-one SEO software.
- Semrush – Premium online marketing platform.
- SEO PowerSuite – Desktop SEO software suite.
- Surfer – Data-driven on-page optimization tool.
- Mangools – Beginner-friendly set of SEO tools.
- Serpstat – Versatile SEO software platform.
- Moz – Reputable all-in-one SEO tools.
- Raven Tools – All-in-one SEM software.
- SpyFu – SEO & PPC research platform.
- Majestic – Backlink-focused analysis tools.
Continue reading to find out more about these popular Ahrefs competitors.
What Are the Best Ahrefs Alternatives?
Whether you searched “Ahrefs alternatives” to find SEO software with lower-cost plans or different features, here are 10 of the best Ahrefs alternatives in 2023:
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a popular all-in-one SEO software with many similar features compared to Ahrefs along with on-page optimization tools and lower-cost pricing plans.
- A large keyword research database for Google with metrics like monthly search volume, keyword difficulty scores, and estimated cost-per-click (CPC) data.
- An accurate rank tracker for Google or Yandex search engines with daily keyword position updates.
- Site audit and on-page SEO checker tools to check for technical SEO issues and optimize your content for search engines.
- Research competitor backlink profiles, link anchor text, domain and page authority, your rivals' site rankings, organic traffic estimates, and monitor pages for changes.
- Social media management tools to automatically schedule posts to Facebook and Twitter as well as monitor social metrics in one place.
- Create white-label SEO reports with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop report builder and schedule automated reports for you and your team or clients.
Check out my SE Ranking review for a detailed breakdown of the software's features.
You can also learn more about SE Ranking pricing here.
SE Ranking is the best Ahrefs alternative if you're looking for an affordable and complete feature set for managing and scaling SEO campaigns.
SE Ranking Offer: 14-Day Free Trial
Semrush is a feature-rich platform with tools for SEO, content marketing, Google Ads pay-per-click (PPC) research, and social media marketing.
- Largest Google keyword research database on the market with over 21 billion keywords. (currently, Ahrefs is around 18 billion for Google-related keywords)
- One of the biggest backlink databases on the market with 40+ trillion backlinks.
- Complete website audit and on-page SEO tools for fixing and optimizing content.
- Social media toolkit with auto-posting, scheduling, analytics, and an ads manager.
- Report builder with automated report delivery and white-label branding options.
Check out my Semrush review for an in-depth look at the platform's functionality.
You can also learn about Semrush pricing here.
Semrush is a top Ahrefs competing competitor tool. Both Semrush and Ahrefs are market leaders in terms of including features for rank tracking, keyword research, domain analytics, and backlink research.
Semrush starts at $119 per month, which is a higher starting price than the $99 per month Ahrefs starter plan. However, you gain access to more features such as daily ranking updates by default, on-page and content marketing tools, and a report builder.
Semrush Offer: 7-Day Free Trial
3. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is a bundle of four separate desktop software programs. The SEO tools include Rank Tracker, Website Auditor, SEO SpyGlass, and LinkAssistant.
- Conduct keyword research based on 19 different keyword suggestion tools and explore metrics like monthly search volumes, keyword competition, and PPC stats.
- Track an unlimited number of keywords daily with the rank tracker software.
- Run complete website and on-page audits and get semantic keyword suggestions.
- A huge database to research your competitors' backlinks and referring domains.
- Find link-building opportunities and sites at scale with the link management tool.
- Create, schedule, and automate SEO reports with white-label depending on the plan.
While SEO PowerSuite only offers annual subscription plans, in terms of the monthly rate, it's one of the best deals for a suite of powerful SEO software that does it all.
SEO PowerSuite Offer: Free Version with Limited Features
Surfer is an on-page optimization tool that uses natural language processing (NLP) algorithms to give you content guidelines and suggestions based on top-ranking pages.
- A content planner to generate hundreds of topic clusters and keyword ideas.
- Build article outlines fast with AI-powered content generation features.
- A powerful content editor that gives you competitive guidelines while you write.
- Get recommendations on article structure, word count, keywords, and images.
- Run full on-page audits to find correlations between your page and competitors.
- Get weekly AI-powered suggestions for optimizing your website content.
Check out my Surfer review to learn more about the software's capabilities.
You can also compare Surfer pricing plans here.
Once you use Surfer, it's hard to not want to use it to optimize all your content.
Surfer doesn't provide a rank tracker, report builder, or much backlink data compared to Ahrefs, but it's one of the best tools for revealing words and phrases to improve your page rankings and increase organic traffic.
Surfer Offer: 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Mangools is a set of SEO tools focused on ease of use and simplicity. The toolset includes keyword research, rank tracking, backlink analysis, and domain insights.
- The user interface design is clear, intuitive, and easy to use for beginners.
- The keyword research tool makes it easy to find low-competition search terms.
- Track keyword rankings on Google and get daily rank updates with all plans.
- Scan a website to reveal domain authority metrics and analyze backlinks.
- SERP analysis tool to check top-ranking sites and their authority and backlink stats.
While not the most extensive in terms of database size, Mangools offers a nice mix of simple and advanced SEO data and tools that are useful for both newbies and experts. Also, similar to Ahrefs, the toolkit lacks content optimization features.
Mangools Offer: 10-Day Free Trial
Serpstat is an SEO platform with tools for SEO, PPC research, and content marketing.
- A big keyword database for finding new keywords including trending search queries.
- Analyze up to 100,000 keywords at once and compare data between domains.
- Monitor keyword ranking positions and schedule daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
- Track domain visibility, rankings, search traffic, and market share of competitors.
- Complete site and page audit tools for both technical and on-page insights.
- Create automatically delivered SEO reports with white-label branding.
Serpstat Offer: Free Version with Limited Features
Moz is a reputable SEO platform with features for keyword research, rank tracking, competitor analysis tools, site audits, and reporting.
- An extensive keyword research tool for finding search queries and questions.
- Track keyword rankings for Google and Bing with weekly rank updates.
- Get a holistic picture of your keyword rankings with Moz's Search Visibility score.
- Perform detailed site audits and receive alerts when issues are found.
- Customizable reporting with templates and drag-and-drop widgets.
Moz Offer: 30-Day Free Trial
8. Raven Tools
Raven Tools is a marketing platform with SEO and SEM tools and reporting.
- Keyword research tool with data for around 1.4 billion keywords.
- Analyze competitor keyword rankings, traffic, backlinks, and SERP features.
- Rank tracker with monthly, weekly, or daily on-demand ranking updates.
- Integrates with a variety of platforms for pulling in marketing and ad data.
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn profiles from the dashboard.
- A link management CRM to store, organize, and find backlink opportunities.
- A drag-and-drop reporting tool with templates and white-label marketing reports.
Raven Tools Offer: 7-Day Free Trial
SpyFu is a marketing platform for conducting SEO and PPC keyword research, competitive analysis, backlink outreach, and reporting.
- Conduct extensive keyword research for SEO and PPC.
- Find keyword ideas by searching a query or a website.
- Rank tracking with position history and weekly updates.
- All paid plans offer unlimited keyword research data.
- Create custom research and competition analysis reports.
SpyFu Offer: Free Account with Limited Features
Majestic is an SEO backlink checker and link-building toolset. This SEO software tool is 100% focused on backlinks.
- A large backlink index that has been growing since 2011.
- Proprietary citation flow and trust flow link metrics to evaluate site authority.
- Unique topical trust flow metric to break down the type of linking sites.
- Interactive link graphs to visualize the link network of a domain.
- View a domain's backlink history and anchor text, and create link reports.
Majestic Offer: Free Account with Limited Features
The SEO tools featured above are all effective Ahrefs alternatives that you can use to reliably perform similar tasks and competitive research to improve your SEO efforts.
More SEO Software Guides:
- Best All-In-One SEO Software
- Best Rank Tracking Software
- Best Keyword Research Software
- Best SEO Reporting Software
- Best SEO Audit Software
- Best Local SEO Software
- Best SEO Content Writing Software
- Best SEO Automation Software
- Best Small Business SEO Software
- Best On-Page SEO Checkers
- Best Semrush Alternatives
- Best SE Ranking Alternatives
- Best Free SEO Software
- SE Ranking vs Semrush
- SE Ranking vs SEO PowerSuite
- Semrush vs Ahrefs