Modified date: November 16th, 2022
This page shares the software tools I use on a daily basis to successfully grow websites and make money online in 2022.
Without these awesome tools, I wouldn't have been able to grow this blog nearly as fast. They have helped me generate passive income in months instead of years.
I hope you find this information useful for your online marketing journey. This page will be updated over time based on what I'm currently using and recommend.
BoostPlanner is reader-supported. If you buy through a link on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
- SE Ranking – I use SE Ranking to track close to 1,000 keywords on a daily basis. I find the rank tracking tool accurate and affordable. I also rely on the platform for keyword research, competitor analysis, site audits, and creating scheduled reports.
- Surfer SEO – I run every one of the pages on this site through Surfer to ensure I cover a topic comprehensively and include all of the relevant terms to rank better.
- Jasper AI – While I ultimately edit every piece of content manually, Jasper saves me loads of time creating initial post drafts and supporting copy for topic clusters.
- Grammarly – There would be a lot of typos on here without Grammarly's help!
- SiteGround – I have tried many managed WordPress hosting providers over the years. I found SiteGround to be the best balance of speed, affordability, and support for running WordPress sites. The team also releases improvements to its infrastructure on a regular basis and the host provides unlimited free emails.
- Kinsta – While pricier than SiteGround, I recommend this host if you prefer a slightly faster WordPress host powered by Google Cloud Platform's powerful C2 virtual machines or if you plan to run very high-traffic WordPress sites. Either way, both web hosts are top-tier choices for WordPress hosting.
- GeneratePress – I use the GeneratePress Premium WordPress theme here at BoostPlanner. It's an amazing, super lightweight theme focused on speed, stability, and accessibility. If you want a solid WordPress foundation to achieve near-perfect speed scores, along with features like GenerateBlocks for drag-and-drop options, check it out!
- BeaverBuilder – My recommended WordPress page builder. A little pricier than Divi or Elementor, however, everything loads faster and in my opinion, the user interface is easier to pick up. I use BeaverBuilder for creating landing pages and more design-focused content beyond standard blog post templates.
- Canva – I use Canva Pro for its easy-to-use image editing and graphic design features as well as its library of stock elements to create site graphics and other forms of marketing material. This tool is a lifesaver for those like me who aren't graphic designers!
- Shutterstock – My go-to for quality stock photos to edit in Canva and use on sites.
- ActiveCampaign – My preferred email marketing platform with powerful built-in marketing automation, CRM (customer relationship management), a landing page builder, and SMS messaging.
- GetResponse – Another popular email marketing software with a light CRM. This is a good option if you plan on hosting webinars or like its landing page features.