This page shares the software tools I use on a daily basis to successfully grow websites and make money online in 2022.
Without these tools, I wouldn't have been able to grow this blog nearly as fast. They have helped me generate passive income in months instead of years.
I hope you find this information useful for your online marketing journey. This page will be updated over time based on what I'm currently using and recommend.
BoostPlanner is reader-supported. If you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
- SE Ranking – I use SE Ranking to track close to 1,000 keywords on a daily basis. I find the rank tracking very accurate and affordable. I also rely on the platform for keyword research, competitor analysis, site audits, and creating scheduled reports.
- Surfer SEO – I run every one of the pages on this site through Surfer to ensure I cover a topic comprehensively and include all of the relevant terms to rank better.
- Jasper AI – While I ultimately edit every piece of content manually, Jasper saves me loads of time creating initial post drafts and supporting copy for topic clusters.
- Grammarly – There would be a lot of typos on here without Grammarly's help!
- SiteGround – I have tried many managed WordPress hosting providers over the years. I found SiteGround to be the best balance of speed, affordability, and support for running WordPress sites. (You may see Bluehost promoted often by bloggers. This is likely due to being able to make a bit more upfront from their affiliate program.) While SiteGround costs a little more, I believe it's worth the increased performance, user-friendly interface, and great support. The team also regularly releases improvements to its infrastructure.
- Kinsta – While a bit pricier than SiteGround, I recommend this host if you prefer a slightly faster WordPress host that is powered by the Google Cloud Platform. Either way, both hosting providers are high-quality options for WordPress sites.
- GeneratePress – I use the GeneratePress Premium WordPress theme right here on BoostPlanner. It's an amazing, super lightweight theme focused on speed, stability, and accessibility. If you want a solid WordPress foundation to achieve near-perfect speed scores, along with features like GenerateBlocks for drag-and-drop options, check it out!
- BeaverBuilder – A bit more expensive than site builders like Divi or Elementor, however, everything loads a bit faster and in my opinion, the user interface is easier to pick up. I like to use BeaverBuilder on top of the GeneratePress theme (although it works with most WP themes) for creating landing pages beyond standard blog post templates.
- Canva – I use Canva Pro for its easy-to-use image editing and graphic design features as well as its library of stock elements to create site graphics and other forms of marketing material. This tool is a lifesaver for those like me who aren't graphic designers!
- ShutterStock – My go-to for quality stock photos to edit in Canva and use on sites.
- ActiveCampaign – My preferred email marketing platform with powerful built-in marketing automation, CRM (customer relationship management), a landing page builder, and SMS messaging.
- GetResponse – Another popular email marketing software with a light CRM. This is a good option if you plan on hosting webinars or like its landing page features.