In this post, Surfer SEO pricing plans are compared in detail to help you determine which plan offered by the content optimization software is right for you in 2023.
BoostPlanner is reader-supported. If you buy through a link on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Surfer SEO Overview
Surfer is a powerful cloud-based SEO tool with features for keyword research, content planning, on-page SEO audits, content optimization, and SERP analysis.
Founded by Michal Suski and Tomasz Niezgoda, SurferSEO has made a name for itself as a leading software tool to help you optimize content faster to rank higher on Google.
Surfer SEO Features
While plans differ, Surfer SEO includes several super helpful search engine optimization tools bundled into an easy-to-understand user interface including:
- Content Planner – Find related topics and keyword clusters to write about.
- Content Editor – Get on-page SEO suggestions while writing to help you rank.
- On-Page Audit – Audit your pages for LSI keywords, internal links, speed, and more.
- SERP Analyzer – Uncover correlations in page elements and word usage vs the top-ranking competitors on the Google SERPs for your target search queries.
- Keyword Research – A basic keyword research tool to discover related terms.
- Grow Flow – Weekly AI-generated tasks to quickly enhance your SEO strategy.
- Outline Generator – Free integrated AI-powered tool to create blog outlines.
- Keyword Surfer – Free Chrome extension for keyword ideas and search volumes.
Surfer's auditing and natural language processing capabilities to instantly provide on-page guidelines and recommendations are cutting-edge compared to the competition.
Surfer utilizes two types of NLP including its own custom algorithm and another one based on Google's NLP API (application programming interface). As of now, Surfer NLP is available in four languages, including English, Danish, Dutch, and Polish.
The SEO tool not only informs you of the most impactful words and phrases to prioritize. You'll also uncover ranges to consider for keyword density, over usage, under usage, how terms are spread out through your content, word count, partial matches, and more.
Surfer SEO Pricing
Surfer SEO offers 3 main plans in its pricing model. A Surfer SEO plan starts at $59 per month or a rate of $49 per month with an annual subscription for a discount of 17% off.
The company provides a money-back guarantee that you can extend to 30 days if you are not satisfied after trying the software for 7 days or need more time to test it out.
Pricing information for Surfer is retrieved from the software provider's publicly accessible pricing materials. Final costs from the seller are subject to change.
Pricing information was last updated on January 12, 2023.
Learn more about Surfer SEO's plans and 30-day money-back guarantee.
How Much Does Surfer SEO Cost?
Surfer SEO Monthly Plan Prices
Surfer SEO Basic Plan – $59/month:
- 10 content editor credits per month
- 20 audits per month
- Free NLP for the 1st month
- Invite 1 team member
- Grow flow (beta)
Surfer SEO Pro Plan – $119/month:
- 30 content editors per month
- 60 audits per month
- NLP data
- Invite 3 team members
- Grow flow
Surfer SEO Business Plan – $239/month:
- 70 content editors per month
- 140 audits per month
- NLP data
- Invite 10 team members
- Grow flow (beta)
- White labeling
- API access
Find out more about Surfer SEO's pricing plans.
Surfer SEO Annual Plan Prices
Surfer SEO annual billing plans let you pay once a year and get a discount of 17%. When you choose a yearly plan, you are charged upon registration once per year.
While subject to change, here are the SurferSEO annual plan costs:
Basic Annual Plan – Rate of $49 per month or $588 per year
Pro Annual Plan – Rate of $99 per month or $1,188 per year
Business Annual Plan – Rate of $199 per month or $2,388 per year
Surfer accepts credit and debit cards as payment methods for monthly and yearly subscriptions, and bank transfers for yearly subscriptions only.
Which Surfer SEO Plan is Right For You?
Surfer is used by a wide variety of people for producing SEO-focused briefs, outlines, and search-optimized content in many different niches and industries.
The Basic Plan is best for:
- Freelance writers, digital marketers, or SEO specialists just starting out.
- A small business with a new site and under 30 or so pages of content.
- Occasionally creating and optimizing content for fulfilling small projects.
The Pro Plan is best for:
- Copywriters, bloggers, or SEO professionals working on growing sites.
- A small to mid-sized business with under 100 or so pages of content.
- Actively creating and optimizing content to grow and scale sites or blogs.
The Business Plan is best for:
- Marketing agencies, bloggers, copywriters, or SEOs with multiple sites.
- Mid to large-sized companies with over 100 pages of content.
- Very actively growing websites or blogs as part of a content team.
- Those who require white-label reporting options or API access.
If you're in need of a larger customizable package with higher usage limits, you can contact sales to discuss and negotiate a custom plan.
While there are alternatives such as MarketMuse, Frase, and ClearScope, I prefer using Surfer's feature set to blaze through on-page optimization with its data-driven advice.
While the starting price of $59/mo may seem high, I believe the strength of Surfer's algorithms in crawling top-ranking pages and surfacing insights is worth every penny. It's a one-of-a-kind tool for increasing the search engine reach of your web content.
Its algorithm's ability to crawl through many competitor pages in minutes and provide accurate data on the most relevant terms to use and ways to apply those terms is an extremely valuable time-saving feature that Surfer does better than the competition.
Surfer's NLP words and content insights have helped me achieve 15-20% organic traffic growth each month for this site and acquire many number 1-3 ranking positions.
It's an essential part of my content creation workflow, and one of the best tools to maximize results from your on-page search engine optimization efforts.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Currently, Surfer does not offer a free trial. However, the team offers a generous 30-day money-back guarantee if you send them feedback. If you choose to try Surfer and decide it isn't for you after 7 days of use, you can contact their support team via chat or email and they'll process your refund request, no questions asked.
To sign up and get information about the guarantee, visit the Surfer SEO website.
Related: Surfer SEO Review (2023) – A detailed review of Surfer's features.
SEO Software Guides:
- Best All-In-One SEO Software
- Best Rank Tracking Software
- Best SEO Reporting Software
- Best SEO Audit Software
- Best Local SEO Software
- Best Small Business SEO Software
- Best SEO Content Writing Software
- Best SEO Automation Software
- Best Keyword Research Software
- Best On-Page SEO Checkers
- SE Ranking vs Semrush
- SE Ranking vs SEO PowerSuite
- Semrush Alternatives
- SE Ranking Alternatives
- Ahrefs Alternatives
- SE Ranking Review
- Surfer SEO Review
- Jasper AI Review