Updated on May 16th, 2022
Looking for the best SEO tools to support your small business? Here's a list of the best tools for managing and improving business and website visibility in search results pages (SERPs) on major search engines like Google.
If you're just getting started with search engine optimization for your business, the right tools can help improve your SEO strategy and achieve better results in less time.
However, with the number of search engine optimization tools on the market, it can be difficult to determine which ones are worth reviewing and investing in.
This post aims to shed light on the most reputable and reliable SEO software tools for managing and enhancing small business search engine optimization efforts.
Currently, my top choice is SE Ranking for low-cost SEO platform for small businesses that gives you access to competitor research, rank tracking, audits, and reporting tools, in combination with the free Google tools described in detail below.
What to Look For in Small Business SEO Software?
Here are some factors to consider for choosing the best SEO software for your business:
- Capabilities for researching and tracking keywords based on the locations you serve.
- Tools for auditing and analyzing competitor site rankings and backlink profiles.
- Features for managing and updating business listings and local citations.
- Features for monitoring online reputation and reviews.
- Ability to analyze website traffic and content performance.
- Ability to create reports to track your SEO performance.
Note: There are many SEO tools on the market that are useful for businesses; some are more specialized, niche tools, while others are more complete software platforms. The use of several tools may be required depending on your SEO needs.
What Are the Best SEO Tools for Small Businesses?
Below are 20 of the best SEO tools for small businesses in 2022 including their key features related to SEO.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is an affordable all-in-one SEO platform that provides a keyword rank tracker, website auditing, keyword research tools, backlink monitoring, competition analysis, and more.
SE Ranking is a popular Semrush alternative due to its flexible pricing plans and similar all-in-one features for tracking keywords, researching keywords and competitors, auditing websites, and creating reports.
SE Ranking Features
- Perform deep research and competitive analysis for keyword opportunities and backlink sources with the help of a large updated database.
- Helpful website auditing of on-page and off-page SEO issues and suggestions for fixes.
- The SEO tool provides unique page changes monitoring, where you can set up alerts about any modifications that happen to your business website or competitor sites.
- Create and schedule detailed SEO reports for you and/or your team.
- Check social media analytics and post to Facebook and Twitter from within the platform.
- The SEO software provides flexible plan options related to the number of keywords to track, rank check frequency, and subscription period, which is great for scaling with the growth of your business.
SE Ranking is the best SEO software for small businesses looking for a complete toolkit and an affordable alternative to Semrush. More about SE ranking pricing plans here.
Check out my SE Ranking review for an in-depth look at its features in 2022.
SE Ranking provides 3 fixed monthly or annual plans with several options to adjust the price of each plan based on the number of keywords to track, how frequently to update ranking data, and the subscription period. Save up to 20% with annual billing.
- Essential: Starts at $23.40 per month – For new marketers and freelancers.
- Pro: Starts at $53.40 per month – For businesses and marketing teams.
- Business: Starts at $113.40 per month – For large agencies and enterprises.
SE Ranking Offer: 14-Day Free Trial
Every small business owner should ensure a Google Analytics (GA) tag is applied to their website. Google Analytics is a free website traffic analytics tool.
Google Analytics is an essential free tool for better understanding your website visitors. Find out where your visitors come from, how they're navigating your site, the most popular pages, how long an average session lasts, and more.
You can create up to 100 Analytics accounts and add 1 to 50 properties to each account. In GA, a property is a website, mobile application, or device.
Google Analytics Features
- With Google Analytics, you can see which channels visitors come from, such as organic traffic from Google and other major search engines, social media platforms, and other sites. You can also view physical location data like city and state, which can help assess traffic quality and relevance for local or service-area businesses.
- Google Analytics makes it easy to explore how visitors are using your site, including which web pages are viewed, in what order, and how long they're on your site.
- You can connect Google Search Console (GSC) to Google Analytics, which lets you conveniently view insights for pages and keywords from GSC in Google Analytics.
- You can set up Goals in Google Analytics to track your desired conversion actions, such as website form submissions, and if a certain page or set of landing pages was viewed, a link was clicked, or a phone call occurred (call tracking software required).
Google Analytics is a freemium service. For most businesses, a free Google Analytics account is all you need. However, Google also provides a paid version called Analytics 360 with more advanced features like unlimited data and reporting for large enterprises.
Google Search Console (GSC) formerly Google Webmaster Tools is another free SEO tool small businesses should be using to monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot site presence in Google Search results.
Google Search Console helps you manage your website presence in Google Search and detect potential issues. To use Search Console, just sign in to your Google account, create a new website property, and verify your site with one of the provided methods.
Use GSC to submit sitemaps, submit updated pages to Google, see which of your pages are correctly indexed in Google Search, ensure pages are mobile-friendly, analyze keyword positions, clicks, and impressions identified by Google, and more.
You can add up to 1,000 properties to a Google account. Google recommends creating separate Search Console properties for each domain or folder you wish to track separately.
Google Search Console Features
- You can submit your website's XML sitemap file (usually auto-generated by your website platform or a plugin like RankMath or Yoast if using WordPress) and new website pages to request quick indexing of your site content into Google Search.
- Use Search Console to identify pages that are indexed and visible in the Google SERPs, and which search queries or Google searches are generating search impressions for your website pages and driving clicks to your website.
- Search Console detects pages that might be blocked from being indexed in Google, and any website penalties based on issues like link spam or low-quality content stuffed with keywords.
- Google Search Console identifies if your site pages are mobile-friendly and includes features to help you detect loading or performance issues.
- Use Search Console to check external links (backlinks) pointing to your site that Google has detected, as well as internal links between your pages.
Google Search Console is a free service.
For local businesses with a physical location and service-area businesses, creating a free Google My Business (GMB) profile is recommended to increase your visibility on Google Search and Maps for the locations you serve.
Create a Google Business Profile to ensure more people find your business when using Google Search and Google Maps. This could be when people search your company name or search locally for products or services you offer.
Google My Business Features
- Having a GMB profile lets customers leave reviews of your business on Google, which can help improve your local search presence versus competitors, build trust and reputation, and gain new leads and sales.
- A GMB profile is an effective way to display public business info for local searchers and potential customers, including a business description, business hours, photos, a link back to your website, and other useful features depending on your type of business.
- GMB provides insights such as how often your business listing is shown in local search and Google Maps results and for which search queries, as well as business direction requests, phone calls (when the profile call button is clicked), photo views, and other visitor actions.
Creating a Business Profile on Google is free.
PageSpeed Insights provides a quick way to check the page load speed of individual website pages and any performance issues.
Since page speed affects user experience and is a direct ranking factor for both Google Search and Ads, it's important to check how Google views your page performance.
Google PageSpeed Insights Features
- See any third-party code that's processed as your page loads, such as WordPress plugins, which can slow down site speed.
Google PageSpeed Insights is free to use.
Google Trends is a free tool website owners can use to do simple keyword trend research and check out trends of search queries in their local areas.
Use Google Trends to get an idea of search demand trends and interest for a particular search query in a given location. You can check keyword trends in Google Web Search, Image Search, News Search, Google Shopping, and YouTube Search.
For more advanced keyword research with monthly search volumes and other helpful metrics, check out complete tools for search engine optimization efforts like Semrush or SE Ranking. More about these popular all-in-one SEO tools are shared below.
Google Trends Features
- Compare multiple search queries and see a chart of their interest (usage) over time.
- Gain insight into seasonal demand for search queries related to your business and locations served.
- Discover related topics and search queries that are most used and rising in popularity, which can help you plan out keywords and topics to analyze further and create content for.
Google Trends is free to use.
SEOquake provides free tools for checking website SEO metrics on the fly.
While not nearly as deep and feature-rich as the full Semrush platform, SEOquake is a useful free way to get high-level domain insights for sites that appear in Google's search results and perform basic web page audits.
- SEO quake provides a free basic SEO audit to diagnose any website page including some brief tips next to the completed page analysis, which can help you make sure there are no critical issues on your business's website.
- Get an idea of the size and prominence of a website based on the number of pages indexed and estimates on the number of backlinks pointing to the site.
- Check the keyword density of a website page to analyze keyword phrases you are using on your site pages and the words used by competitors that you might want to include.
- You can use the SEO quake browser extension to scan competitor pages for all the above SEO insights.
SEOquake is a free plugin for your browser.
Semrush is currently the market leader of all-in-one SEO tools in regards to the number of features and the amount of SEM, SEO, and PPC data provided.
- Semrush provides an excellent database for researching new keywords related to your business and industry, including local estimated search volumes and how competitive keywords are to rank.
- Detailed on-page website audit to make sure your website pages are optimized for ranking.
- Search, analyze, and compare competing sites in your niche or industry in regards to keyword rankings, backlinks, and estimated site traffic to uncover new opportunities.
- Gap analysis features can help you discover the topics and keywords you can improve upon or add content about on your site based on competing sites and their content.
- Create automatically scheduled SEO reports for yourself and/or employees.
- Semrush provides a unique listing management add-on feature that distributes your public business information to directory sites, lets you manage your Google and Facebook listings from inside the software, and monitors reviews and customer suggestions received.
Semrush is a recommended set of SEO tools for small businesses who want a complete set of tools and features with leading keyword research, rank tracking, and competitor data. See more details about the Semrush pricing plans here.
Check out my Semrush review for a detailed look at the SEO platform's features.
Semrush provides 3 fixed monthly or annual plans. Save up to 17% with annual billing.
- Pro: $119.95 per month – For new marketers and small in-house teams.
- Guru: $229.95 per month – For businesses and marketing consultants.
- Business: $449.95 per month – For large agencies and enterprises.
Semrush Offer: 7-Day Free Trial
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool that provides a strong site explorer tool for competitor website analysis, backlink research, keyword research, rank tracking, and site audit features.
- Ahrefs is a top tool for gaining insights into where competitors are getting backlinks from and seeing estimated organic search traffic for sites and individual pages using their site explorer tool.
- The keywords explorer tool offers a large updated database of search terms to explore based on your business or competitors, with estimated monthly search volumes, keyword difficulty levels for ranking, search demand trends, and more.
- The rank tracking tool provides a nice interface for tracking keywords and comparing keyword positions with competing websites over time.
- You can analyze the top-performing content in your niche with the Ahrefs content explorer tool to find link-building prospects and low-competition topics for content ideas.
- Ahrefs provides a free version that lets you use their site explorer tool on your website, while the paid plans unlock exploring competitor sites.
Ahrefs is worth checking to analyze competitor backlinks, search rankings, and estimated search traffic competitor pages are generating.
If you have the budget, I recommend using Ahrefs for competition analysis alongside other local SEO and rank tracker tools.
Ahrefs provides 4 fixed monthly or annual plans. Get 2 months free with annual billing.
- Lite: $99 per month – For new digital marketers and freelancers.
- Standard: $179 per month – For small businesses and marketing teams.
- Advanced: $399 per month – For growing businesses and marketing teams.
- Agency: $999 per month – For large agencies and enterprises.
Ahrefs Offer: 7-Day Trial for $7
Nightwatch is an affordable yet powerful keyword rank tracker tool that provides accurate rank tracking down to the zip code level and other features including backlink monitoring, site audits, and scheduled reports.
- Nightwatch provides daily updates for tracked keyword positions across a variety of search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and DuckDuckGo, and convenient ways to tag, organize, and filter keywords.
- The rank tracker tool lets you access any Google Data Center in the world, resulting in super-accurate keyword ranking data down to state, city, town, and zip code levels.
- One of the top SEO rank tracking tools for multi-location and service-area businesses, since you can track keywords across many local areas and across many competitor websites for comparing keyword rankings over time.
- You can integrate Google Analytics and Google Search Console for unique visually appealing ways to see your website data in one place.
- Nightwatch provides up to 500 daily keywords tracked, 50 websites tracked, and 5,000 pages for site auditing in their $39/mo starter plan.
Nightwatch is recommended for affordably and accurately tracking many keywords for your business site and optionally for competitor sites with daily rank updates. Track keywords for more than one business location or service area.
Powerful segmenting options make it easy to view ranking performance for groups of keywords, individual pages, locations, devices, and search engines.
Check out my Nightwatch SEO review for an in-depth look at its features.
Nightwatch provides 3 fixed monthly or annual plans. Save up to 20% with annual billing.
- Starter: $39 per month – For freelancers, SMBs, and marketers with a limited budget.
- Optimize: $99 per month – For growing SMBs and marketing agencies.
- Agency: $369 per month – For large agencies and enterprise businesses.
Nightwatch Offer: 14-Day Free Trial
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a website crawler tool that can help you quickly scan your website pages and competitor pages to check for on-site issues and opportunities.
Screaming Frog SEO software requires downloading to Windows, macOS, or Ubuntu to use.
Screaming Frog Features
- Quickly scan hundreds of website pages to check page titles, headers used, meta tags like the meta description, image tags, word count, and more.
- Screaming Frog provides a fast way to detect page URL issues such as broken links (404s), unnecessary page redirects, redirect chains and loops, and potential server errors.
- The site web crawler is useful for checking internal links pointing to pages including anchor text, which can help you see if these internal links can be improved or which pages could use more or less internal links.
- Visualize your website's architecture and evaluate internal linking and page URL structure with tree graph site visualizations.
- The free version of the software tool lets you crawl up to 500 page URLs for free, while the paid version provides unlimited crawls and additional features.
Use Screaming Frog to quickly scan your entire business site for issues and opportunities.
You can also use this web crawler tool to scan competitor websites for insights such as how many words on average a page includes, their titles and meta tags, and internal links between pages.
Screaming Frog provides a free version (crawl up to 500 URLs) and paid version.
The paid license, priced in Euros, costs £149 per year.
Screaming Frog Offer: Free Version
12. Keyword Tool
Keyword Tool provides a quick way to find unique keywords.
The tool uses Google Autocomplete behind-the-scenes on your submitted keyword to return a list of long-tail keyword phrases from related searches that include your entered keyword.
Keyword Tool Features
- Discover thousands of new long-tail keywords related to any topic such as your business niche, product, and service-related keywords.
- Find new keyword ideas based on search engine results from Google, YouTube, Bing, Amazon, eBay, Play Store, Instagram, and Twitter.
- You can generate up to 750+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term you enter with the free version of Keyword Tool.
- You can filter the keyword results based on specific words or block certain words.
- The free version of Keyword Tool is great for the initial stages of keyword research and doesn't require an account to use.
Keyword Tool can help your business's initial keyword research process by quickly giving you keyword and topic ideas to incorporate into your website content.
Keyword Tool offers a free and paid version.
AnswerThePublic is a keyword research tool that uses autocomplete data from sources like Google and returns all the useful phrases and questions people are asking around your keyword.
- The search listening tool can help you save time finding initial keyword ideas based on all the related phrases and questions provided.
- Gain a deeper level of understanding of how your prospects and customers are searching and the questions they're asking related to your business.
- Being able to explore the questions and problems your prospects or customers are having makes it easy to create helpful website content.
- The tool is very useful for improving new and existing content for on-page SEO and organic search traffic opportunities.
- The paid version lets you compare data over time, set up multiple search listening alerts for faster insights, and unlimited keyword searches.
AnswerThePublic can help you discover the type of questions your customers and prospects are searching on Google and improve your website content strategy.
AnswerThePublic offers a free and paid version.
Google Keyword Planner is a keyword research tool by Google for discovering new keywords related to your business.
While Keyword Planner is housed under Google Ads and is often used to conduct keyword research for search ads and see pay-per-click (PPC) bidding data, it can still be useful for SEO and you can create a Google Ads account and use the tool for free.
Google Keyword Planner Features
- With Keyword Planner, you can discover new and related keywords that people are searching and bidding in Google Ads for, which can help reveal keyword search demand and competition levels for choosing keywords and related topics to write about.
- Instead of searching by keyword, you can also enter your website URL or a competitor's website for additional ways to find new keywords to target.
- While Google Keyword Planner provides average monthly search numbers for keywords, you can only see ranges such as 1k-10k, unless you are running an active Google Ads campaign, which would reveal exact search volume data.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner is a great initial keyword research tool to find keywords before analyzing them further in an SEO tool that provides additional keyword search data like Semrush, SE Ranking, or Ahrefs.
Google Keyword Planner is a free tool your business should take advantage of to get a basic idea of search demand and competition for keywords related to your business.
Google Keyword Planner is a free tool built into Google Ads.
BrightLocal offers a suite of local SEO tools and services including a local rank tracker, local grid view rank tracker, local search audit, Google My Business audit, online reputation and review management, citation building service, and local data aggregator service.
- BrightLocal provides one of the most affordable citation building and data aggregator services on the market to get your local business information and website link across a large number of websites to improve local search rankings.
- The reputation management tool makes it easy to create review request campaigns through SMS, email, and links, upload customer details in bulk to quickly request reviews, create automated follow-up messages, and choose from 80+ sites for customers to leave reviews on.
- Track local Google Maps rankings in a unique grid view and track keyword positions in search results with simple ranking table reports.
- BrightLocal's SEO tools are perfect for multi-location local businesses that are looking for easier management of citations and NAP consistency (name, address, phone number), reviews, business listings, and local search visibility across all business locations.
- You can create a 14-day free trial account with no card needed to see if the local search features are useful for your business.
BrightLocal's affordable set of local search tools and services can help your business track local search rankings, manage and expand listings for multiple locations, and generate more reviews to improve your local search presence.
BrightLocal provides 4 monthly or annual plans. Get 2 months free with annual billing.
- Single Business: $29 per month – For small businesses and marketing agencies managing up to 3 locations.
- Multi Business: $49 per month – For mid-sized businesses and growing agencies managing up to 6 locations.
- SEO Pro: $79 per month – A complete plan for businesses and marketing agencies managing up to 100 locations.
- Just Reviews: $8 per month per location – A dedicated plan to monitor, generate, and showcase reviews.
The citation building service starts at $2 per citation.
BrightLocal Offer: 14-Day Free Trial
Whitespark provides a bundle of local SEO tools and services including a local rank tracker, reputation builder, local citation finder, Google My Business (GMB) management service, Yext replacement service, local listings citation building service, and local data aggregation service.
- Whitespark's local citation finder and listing service is a great way to find and track citations, including competitor citations, and get your business information syndicated out to sites to help improve your business's local search visibility.
- Data aggregator service enhances your business's online presence further by ensuring accurate and up-to-date business info is in the U.S. local search ecosystem made up of InfoGroup, Acxiom, Neustar, Localeze, and Factual.
- Reputation builder includes features for connecting, getting, and sharing reviews through your website, email, or SMS text, monitoring reviews online across review sites, responding directly to Google reviews and Facebook recommendations, and getting email notifications for new feedback and reviews.
- The GMB service provides managed updating and optimizing of your Google business listing to improve conversions, site visits, and local rankings.
- Whitespark's local rank tracking tool gives insight into the top 100 positions in local search for tracked keywords, including competitor ranking comparisons and custom filtering options.
Whitespark's set of local search tools and services can help you expand your business's local listings, citations, and reviews to improve your local search visibility.
Whitespark pricing varies depending on the tool or service.
17. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a reputable all-in-one toolset for site audits, rank tracking, and local SEO reporting.
Moz Pro Features
- Moz Pro features reliable keyword research, a backlink analysis tool called Link Explorer, and a position tracking tool for keywords in your target location/s.
- Research keywords and questions people are searching for and save keyword lists.
- Track local and national searches and get an overall picture of how you rank with Moz's Search Visibility score.
- Crawl and audit your sites for issues and errors and receive alerts.
- Customizable reports and templates with drag-and-drop modules.
Moz Pro provides 4 fixed monthly or annual plans. Save up to 20% with annual billing.
- Standard: $99 per month – For new SEOs and digital marketers.
- Medium: $179 per month – For small businesses and teams.
- Large: $299 per month – For growing businesses and agencies.
- Premium: $599 per month – For large agencies and marketing teams.
Moz Pro Offer: 30-Day Free Trial
18. Rank Math
Rank Math is an SEO plugin for WordPress that provides a ton of features for configuring and optimizing a WordPress site and page content for search engines.
Rank Math Features
- A simple setup wizard makes it easy to set up and configure your site's SEO foundation.
- Rank Math provides an SEO analysis of your pages as you create content based on 30 known factors including suggestions built into the WordPress editor.
- Useful features for detecting broken links (404s) and managing link redirects.
- Preview how your page or post will appear in the SERPs (search engine result pages), preview rich snippets, and preview how your post will look on social media.
- Automatically create and generate XML sitemaps for your site and add Schema structured data markup to your page code (gives Google more context about a page).
- The paid plans let you integrate Google Analytics, Google Search Console, enable keyword tracking right in the WordPress dashboard, performance reports, and more.
Rank Math is recommended for any business with a WordPress site. The WordPress SEO plugin is loaded with useful features that will help optimize your site.
Rank Math offers a free and paid version.
19. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a WordPress SEO plugin that provides a host of features for optimizing a WordPress site and content for search engines, similar to Rank Math.
Yoast SEO Features
- Provides a simple setup wizard to configure the technical foundation of your site for SEO.
- Built-in on-page SEO suggestions for your content built into the WordPress editor.
- Get previews of how your pages or posts will appear in search results.
- Yoast SEO automatically generates an XML sitemap file for your site and applies basic Schema markup code to your pages and posts.
- Yoast SEO provides a paid version of the plugin that provides improvements to the SEO suggestions such as readability analysis, features for managing page redirects and automatically redirecting any pages that are removed, and internal linking suggestions.
Yoast is a useful plugin for foundationally optimizing your WordPress site. If your business uses WordPress, it's worth checking out as a Rank Math alternative.
Yoast SEO offers a free and paid version.
20. Surfer SEO
Surfer is a powerful SEO software with data-driven features for keyword research, content planning, content auditing, SERP analyzing, and SEO-optimizing content.
Write content with on-page SEO suggestions based on algorithms that analyze 500+ factors and the top 50 competitor pages on Google for your target keyword phrase.
- You can enter a target keyword and Surfer SEO will reverse-engineer Google's SERP results for related terms, questions, headings, word count, images, and more that are being used, and provide you with a page score based on including the suggestions in your content.
- Based on your focus keyword, the content planner uses multiple layers of data to show you the most relevant topic ideas and related terms to help you create an organized set of content for your website that is aligned with your niche and what's being searched for.
- Find new keyword opportunities and get estimated monthly search volumes.
- You can copy-paste content seamlessly between the Surfer content editor, Google Docs, and WordPress for a seamless content editing experience.
- The hyper-relevant articles and landing pages you can create based on Surfer SEO's NLP (natural language processing) technology and suggestions will put you ahead of most small businesses' progress when it comes to optimizing your content for search engines and users.
Surfer SEO software can help your business and site stay competitive online.
The competitor analysis and content optimization guidelines provided by Surfer can help you save hours of time per piece of content optimized.
Otherwise, you would have to manually look up competitor pages and try to decipher the elements and words to use that might help your content rank higher.
Give Surfer a try if you're serious about creating content that ranks. When writing content, it's easy to get to a “good enough” point and give up before a web page is comprehensive enough to rank.
Surfer lets you know where your content stands compared to your competition for a given keyword and guides you towards writing top-tier content.
Check out my Surfer SEO review for a detailed look at its features.
Surfer offers 3 fixed monthly or annual plans. Save up to 17% with annual billing.
- Basic: $59 per month – 10 content editors and 20 content audits each month.
- Pro: $119 per month – 30 content editors and 60 audits enhanced with NLP.
- Business: $239 per month – 70 content editors, 140 audits, NLP, white labeling, and API access.
Surfer SEO Offer: 7-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Small Business SEO Tools Comparison Table
|Google Analytics||Understand website visitor sources and behavior|
|Google Search Console||Optimize website presence in Google Search|
|Google My Business||Manage business presence in Google Search & Maps|
|Google PageSpeed Insights||Check page loading speed and related performance|
|Google Trends||Analyze interest trends for search queries in Google|
|SEOquake||Check basic SEO page metrics in your browser|
|Semrush||Full-feature SEO platform with features including competitor research, site auditing, daily keyword tracking, and more|
|SE Ranking||Affordable SEO platform with features including competitor research, site auditing, flexible keyword tracking, and more|
|Ahrefs||In-depth SEO software with features including competitor research, site auditing, extensive keyword tracking, and more|
|Nightwatch||Affordably and accurately track many local keywords for your site and competitor sites with daily updates.|
|Screaming Frog SEO Spider||Analyze many website pages quickly for issues, opportunities, and understand a website's linking structure|
|Keyword Tool||Discover related keywords for a primary keyword|
|AnswerThePublic||Discover related keywords & questions for a given keyword|
|Google Keyword Planner||Find keyword ideas with estimated search volumes|
|BrightLocal||Basic local SEO tools & services, affordable citation building, managing reviews, basic keyword tracking|
|Whitespark||Local SEO tools & services, extensive citation building, managing reviews, keyword tracking|
|Moz Pro||Reputable all-in-one toolset for site audits, rank tracking, and local SEO reporting.|
|Rank Math||Large feature-set to configure SEO settings for WordPress, adjust technical settings, get content optimization suggestions, track keywords|
|Yoast SEO||Solid feature-set to configure SEO settings for WordPress, adjust technical settings, get page optimization suggestions|
|Surfer SEO||Optimize written content based on 500+ on-page signals|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Small Business SEO?
Small business SEO is the practice of improving your business and website presence in local search results on Google for keywords that are searched by potential new customers.
What is Small Business SEO Software?
Small business SEO software is a type of software tool or platform used to research, analyze, and monitor data related to business and website visibility in search engines like Google.
Why Use Small Business SEO Tools?
Small business SEO tools make search engine optimization efforts more effective for small businesses by providing actionable insights for improving SEO strategy.
Are There Free SEO Tools for Small Businesses?
Yes, there are a variety of paid and free SEO tools available, many of which are shared above.
Free SEO tools are often simpler in function compared to paid tools, which tend to provide multiple features such as rank tracking or the ability to research in-depth data and save reports.
Which is the Best Tool for Small Business SEO?
To check page speed, there are several free tools shared above. For managing online listings & reviews, check out BrightLocal.
Benefits of SEO Software for Your Business
Here are 10 benefits of using SEO software for your business:
- Find keywords and topics to target.
- Manage business listings.
- Monitor online reputation.
- Track keyword rankings.
- Analyze competitor rankings.
- Check website backlinks.
- Scan a site for SEO issues.
- Optimize on-page elements.
- Improve site performance.
- Organize SEO strategy.
- Save time and money.
Conclusion & Recommendations
SEO software tools can help you save time, resources, and improve your business visibility in local search results over your competitors, leading to more leads and sales.
This extensive list of the top SEO tools for small businesses should be all you need to help you set up a solid SEO strategy and foundation, track progress, and ultimately achieve great digital marketing results for your business.
My Favorite SEO Tool Offers
Based on 11+ years of experience using these tools for clients and myself, I recommend the following SEO tools for small businesses:
- Semrush – Best SEO platform for businesses that offers a 7-day free trial.
- SE Ranking – Affordable Semrush alternative that offers a 14-day free trial.
- BrightLocal – Cheap local SEO tools and services with a 14-day free trial.
I hope this post helped you find the best SEO solution for your business needs.
Looking for low-cost SEO services? Check out these top affordable SEO packages.
More Posts About SEO Software Tools:
- Best All-In-One SEO Software
- Best Local SEO Software
- Best SEO Reporting Software
- Best SEO Audit Software
- Best Rank Tracker Software
- Best Daily Rank Tracking Software
- Best SEO Automation Software
- Best SEO Content Writing Software
- Best Keyword Research Software
- Best On-Page SEO Checkers
- Best Semrush Alternatives
- Best Ahrefs Alternatives
- Best Free SEO Software