Modified date: September 11th, 2022
Find out how you can use marketing automation to improve your SEO efforts below.
If you’re reading this blog, you’re probably aware of how important search engine optimization (SEO) is for attracting prospects to your website & business online.
Consider these SEO statistics:
- 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 53.3% of all website traffic comes from organic search.
- Ranking in position #1 on mobile gets you 27.7% of the clicks.
- Ranking in position #1 on desktop gets you 19.3% of the clicks.
With more than half of all traffic coming from search engines, investing in SEO provides incredible opportunities for more business.
However, even with prominent keyword rankings, content marketing, and organic traffic, it's easy to miss valuable sales opportunities due to a lack of meaningful post-click interactions with potential leads and subscribers.
Fortunately, there’s a powerful way to capture these opportunities.
Enter marketing automation.
Benefits of Using Marketing Automation with SEO
First, here’s how marketing automation can help you and your SEO efforts:
- Deliver relevant content at the right time.
- Save time automating content and repetitive tasks.
- Free up time for more important SEO tasks.
- Enhance user experience and engagement.
- Collect actionable data and valuable insight.
- Improve lead and sales conversion rates.
- Increase return-on-investment (ROI).
Nice benefits, huh? Marketing automation is essential to an effective marketing strategy.
5 Ways to Use Marketing Automation to Improve SEO
In regards to SEO, marketing automation can help you deliver personalized experiences to your prospects from search engines, which can result in more leads and sales for your business.
Let’s take a look at 5 ways you can use marketing automation tools to improve the effectiveness of your SEO efforts.
1. Send Personalized Content
To increase sales conversions from SEO-acquired leads, you can use marketing automation to automatically send personalized content to your prospects based on one or several conditions.
Marketing automation gives you the ability to trigger an action when a specific condition is met. These conditions are generally based on email subscriber behavior.
For example, you can send a personalized message or offer to specific leads based on a variety of conditions like a landing page visited, link clicked, purchase completed, or cart abandoned.
Marketing automation software is an effective way to automate sending personalized content by creating workflows (series of actions) based on your desired conditions.
Considering statistics like 80% of marketing automation users saw an increase in leads and a 77% increase in conversions, marketing automation is a no-brainer for better SEO results.
2. Collect Unique Feedback
Utilizing marketing automation to request feedback from subscribers based on specific website actions is a great way to collect valuable insights for improving your content and SEO efforts.
Use feedback to determine if the content is helpful and understandable or could be improved.
Here are some example website usability questions you could ask:
- On a scale of 0-10, how would you rate the usability of our website?
- What aspects of our website do you like?
- What aspects of our website could be improved?
- Was the content on [insert page] helpful to you?
- Do you have any suggestions for improving [insert page]?
There’s a variety of ways to experiment with asking for feedback. Depending on the subscriber and triggering condition, you could test using emails, a chatbox on your site, or via text.
You never know – some of the feedback you receive could be quick adjustments to your website that result in noticeable increases in lead and sales conversion rates.
3. Increase Subscribers & Sales
Marketing automation makes it easy to increase the number of subscribed leads you acquire from search engines and other sources of website traffic. And, more subscribers means more ways to share valuable content, offers, and upsells.
Alongside page sign-up forms, pop-up forms, and live chat boxes, you can use nifty lead generation tools like web push notifications as another way for potential customers to subscribe to your future content and messaging that gets triggered by your automation tool workflows.
What’s awesome about marketing automation is the ability to gain new subscribers from all these lead generation tools and automatically have these subscribers tagged and segmented into custom email marketing campaigns and sales funnels with the tool.
4. Identify New Opportunities
As you implement marketing automation workflows, you’ll start to notice behavior patterns. These patterns can shed light on new opportunities for providing your leads and existing customers with content and offers that resonate well.
Take advantage of email analytics data to A/B test and analyze:
- Email subject lines with high open rates.
- Links in messaging with high click-through rates.
- The content and offers that lead to sales.
- Multiple email campaigns side-by-side.
Consider testing messaging and link text with high open and click rates in your website content to potentially increase lead and subscriber rates.
5. Create Insightful Reports
To take your digital marketing efforts to the next level, consider combining your marketing automation data with SEO reporting software for maximum insight.
For example, HubSpot provides a Google Search Console integration that gives you the ability to monitor Google Search metrics like page and query analytics in HubSpot.
With this integration, you can analyze marketing automation SEO data in one place.
This opens up new ways to analyze user behavior and content engagement, conduct keyword research, and perform other forms of analysis side-by-side.
SEO Works Better with Marketing Automation
As you can see, marketing automation provides many benefits for SEO efforts.
Marketing and SEO automation software gives you the ability to automate personalized content to your SEO-acquired leads, turning more leads into customers.
Along with higher conversion rates, marketing automation can generate valuable feedback and actionable insights to help guide your content and SEO strategy.
How are you using marketing automation with SEO? Share a comment below!
Additional SEO Resources:
- 15 Best Reporting Software for SEO in 2022
- 10 Best Software for Automating SEO in 2022
- 10 Best Keyword Research Software in 2022
- 15 Best Software for SEO Auditing in 2022
- 10 SEO Tips to Boost Your Website Traffic in 2022
- 10 Ways to Do Competitor Analysis with Semrush
- The Ultimate List of 50 Keyword Research Tips
- 3 Best Affordable SEO Packages